Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Magic Mike's Last Week of School

It's dress up week for JR since this is the last week of school.
 
Yesterday was career day, and he went as an academy award winning actor.
 
(This is our "it's too hot in Texas to wear pants and sleeves" version of Oscar fashion.)
 
I was worried most of the kids were going to show up as doctors, but when I saw only one, I felt pretty good about his choice, especially since most of the boys came dressed as basketball players.
 
I'd put more money on JR being an academy award winner than short, little boys being professional basketball players.
 
 
(And somebody was Where's Waldo and I still don't understand how that's a career.)
 
 
On the way home he told me one of the boys came as a preacher, and that he told everybody he was Matthew McConaughey. 
 
 
So yes, my child showed up at his private, Baptist school and told people he was an actor whose latest two movie roles were a male strip club owner, and a cocaine addicted AIDS patient.
 
And another child came as a preacher....
 
Awesome.

No comments: