Sunday, June 8, 2014

Party Weekend

Friday I headed up to Dallas for the weekend.
 
I met up with Caroline, and our luck of finding ourselves in ridiculous situations continued.
(This has been a trend for us since we were freshman in college.)
 
As we were pulling out of a shopping center behind a UPS truck, 6 of his packages flew out of the back. Caroline and I consider ourselves the heroes of this story as we stopped traffic, picked up the packages, and found a UPS truck (after going into a FedEX store like they could help us) to give the packages to. 
 
Somebody got their contacts, medicine, pictures (we think), golf supplies, and random Amazon package because of us.
You're welcome.
 
Here we are looking for a UPS store.
 
Then Saturday I was one of the hostesses at my friend, Marcia's, sip and see for her new baby girl.  It was a Mad Hatter Tea Party and I think it looked great.  Lots of the decorative items are things I took out of my parents' house.

 Front view


Back view


None of us are talented enough to make these cake pops, but we knew how to stick them in a purple top hat to make them look even cuter!


And our drink table
 
 
I went home with Kelly and thought we were heading out by ourselves for the evening.
They totally surprised me to celebrate my birthday. (Which is this week. Shhh! Don't talk about it!)
I couldn't believe it when I walked in and all my girlfriends were sitting there!
 
 
I even had birthday cake with my parents when I swung by their house on the way home to pick up JR.
Definitely a good weekend.


1 comment:

Angie Vik said...

Fun story about the UPS Packages. Love the cake pops.