Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Favorite Season of Texans has Begun

I haven't been posting lately because nobody wants to hear about me driving the kids to football, soccer, play practice, musical theater class, and another biggie I'll tell you about tomorrow.
 
The little guys finally had all their football practicing (3-4 days a week 2 hours a time) pay off with a game. 
 
(I didn't get a yard sign until I was in high school, they get one at 6!)
 
 
 
And when I say "pay off" I mean they got to wear their uniforms and step on the field for a few plays.
 
 
Football practice is hard.
I mean, I had no idea how hard it was. 
They practice in full pads and helmet, which makes sense since that's how they play the game, but they quickly found out that the helmet hurts and it's hard to move in the pads.
 
I thought we were going to lose Kyle before the season even started over wearing the helmet, but he's gotten used to it now, so he's good.
 
 
 
Reed even wears his helmet when he practices at home with Jason.
(Cause you know Reed's gonna practice extra.)
 
Their division is 6-8 year olds, so they don't see much playing time, but they are learning a lot, and understand that they will be the 8 year olds one day and then they'll be the ones playing. 
(Just check out my kids (#3 and #4) compared to the others. It's almost comical.)
 
 
Here's one of Kyle's big plays as a defender.  He's pretty easy to spot...just look for the tiny one.
 


And though they didn't throw him the ball, I had to take a picture of Reed as a running back!
 
 
I have to say, if nothing else, they sure look cute in the uniforms!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutest EVER!!! MR