Wednesday, August 12, 2015

3 Times

My kids go to the doctor for being sick maybe once a year.
 Yet this summer I've now been in our doctor's office 3 times (plus a trip to the ER for Kyle's staples). 
 
I'm all for over-the-counter, home-remedies, and my personal fav "you'll be fine"...which is what we did to Reed last week when he woke up in the middle of the night with an earache.  I found some eardrops in the medicine cabinet, gave him some Tylenol, and besides everyone playing "musical beds", everything was fine.
 
This morning I woke up to him sobbing (sobbing into his pillow!) that his ear hurt again.
 
Pitiful sobbing and a little face like this gets you an appointment with the doctor.
 
He has an ear infection behind the eardrum, which gets him 10 days of antibiotics.
He's feeling just fine now.
 
And hopefully no more doctor's visits this summer!

No comments: