Monday, August 28, 2017

Is It Still Monday?

I guess it's still Monday since I wrote it was Monday morning about 12 hours ago.  
How would we know what day it is?  Every day is the same. 24 hours of nonstop news coverage (none of good, positive, or hopeful) and nonstop rain. 


It has not stopped raining for one second today. Not. One. Second.

We are heading into our 3rd night of this and the news is saying that maybe it will stop for a little while around 6 A.M. 


It was super windy today and it knocked the power out around 11 A.M.
I pretty much lost my mind.
I was convinced we'd be without power for weeks, and wound up knocking on my neighbor's door crying about 2:00.  

Soon after the power came back on and we all lost our minds (with joy).


I feel so guilty for complaining because everyone in this city would trade places with me right this very second. I'm just so, so sad for our city. 


We are fine, our streets are draining.


They are telling us people will have water in their homes for months and FEMA will be here for years. Years. 


I don't even know how to process it. 

No comments: