Sunday, October 29, 2017

I Can't Believe I'm so Good at This

Kyle and Reed had their school Halloween auction party on Friday night.

Reed has been obsessed with the "zipper face" since he saw a picture of it online. At first I told him there was no way in the world I could do that, but then I decided to take a page from Kyle and Reed's playbook, and watch a "how to" video, and discovered it isn't hard at all.

Here's my finished product of Reed's zipper face.


Reed videoed the whole process in time-lapse, so you watch me do the whole thing in 30 seconds.

Kyle was still trying to come up with his costume as I was doing Reed's make-up. You'll actually see him appear in Reed's video wearing one of JR's old Chinese costumes as we discussed if we could stick chop sticks coming out of his head.

We finally just decided on some cool "zombie make-up and flesh wounds".
I don't think the vampire teeth even made it to the party.

Of course, Kyle made a time-lapse video too.


Finished products together.
(Reed's hair really isn't that orange, it's left over from being sprayed yellow at school for Field Day.)


I was a party chaperone, so I dropped them off at Sean's so they didn't have to go early with me.
I thought this picture of them together was so cute!
Sean is the best President Trump I've seen!


As would totally be expected by anyone related to me, Reed won the dance contest.  
Here he is showing off his trophy.

And Kyle and Reed won "scariest costume".
It was the end of the night, so I missed getting a picture. But come on, that's my award anyway, right?


They had so much fun at the party that they weren't even jealous of  their friends (and their dad) that missed the party because they were at the World Series. 

No comments: