Monday, April 9, 2018

Big Winner

All the kids had such a big weekend that we had to divide and conquer.


I'll start with the kid that had to get up the earliest on Saturday morning.  Kyle and I were up at 5:00 to go to the AAU Laura Wilkinson Invite.  Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw met us there for the 3 meter springboard event.  


I thought Kyle was diving good, but after every dive I kept texting Jason "I thought it was good, but the scores don't show it."  Or "I thought it was good, but he didn't score high."


I'm so nervous for Kyle I can't video or take pictures, and I wasn't keeping up with what the other kids were scoring either.  So my parents and I were all in total shock when we figured out that Kyle won!  


The kids were so far away from us this was the first picture I could get of him after his win.


Kyle and I were both so shocked and excited we were on the verge of tears.


This is only his 3 diving meet, and he's only been diving since September! 


Kyle wanted a gold medal picture like the Olympians take


On Sunday we headed back out for him to dive 1 meter.  He's moved up to the Junior Olympic level (which we are so excited about) for 1 meter and our whole goal was not to finish last.

I write Kyle's dives on his hand so that's one less thing he'll have to remember.


He finished 8th out of 10, in 10-11 boys.  I think Kyle was a little disappointed, but Granny Sherry and I were very happy with that.


We are so proud of Kyle and the hard work he puts in to his diving.
His "no fear" attitude is absolutely perfect for this sport! 

No comments: