Sunday, May 20, 2018

More Impressed with Him than When He Made a Balloon Animal

I don't even know where to start with the craziness that was this weekend, so I guess I'll start at the beginning.

If going to see Kenny Chesney after 20 years didn't make me feel old, going to our flower girl's wedding on Friday night certainly did.


Kyle had a diving meet in San Antonio this weekend, so Jason and I had plans to drive to San Antonio and meet up with Kyle and Granny Sherry after the wedding.


But on the way to the wedding, Jason's car got a flat tire.


I can't even begin to tell you how hot it was...except that I took a picture...and it was 1,000% humidity. 

We pulled over in a hospital parking lot (where Kyle and Reed were born) and Jason jumped out and changed the tire in a suit!  

He never even turned the car off (so I wouldn't have to sweat) and he didn't get one speck of dirt or grime on his white shirt.


I've never seen anything like it!


We were only 3 minutes late to the wedding, which, oh my goodness...
was an outdoor wedding (more heat!).


Other people were walking in after us and in my head I was like "we had a flat tire and we still beat you!"


Unfortunately, we couldn't drive Jason's car to San Antonio with the spare so we had to leave the reception early (we didn't get to eat) to drive an hour back home and change cars. 


I did make Jason take a quick picture of us on our way out of the reception to prove how good he looked after changing a tire and sitting through an outdoor wedding! 

We got back home, changed cars, and were off...we rolled in to San Antonio about 12:30.
Then we were up at 7:00 to start Kyle's diving meet...which I'll write about tomorrow. 


No comments: