Monday, August 6, 2018

Camp Vegas

My friend, Wendy, casually asked me if we wanted to go to Vegas to celebrate a big birthday she was having.  It just so happened to be this past weekend when all the kids were at camp, so the answer was an easy, "Sure!" 


I flew up a little earlier than Jason since he had to work all day on Thursday, and he arranged for me to have a limo from the airport.  I've never had a limo all to myself!

We stayed at the Wynn (which I was very impressed with) and Friday morning we went to the spa...which was probably the nicest spa I've ever been to.  The massage was on par with others, but the spa itself was amazing.  The spa alone was worth the trip.

I only had one thing on my "must-do" Vegas list...Go eat at Wahlburgers.  If you're a female in my age range then not only were you a fan of Donnie Wahlburg as a New Kid on the Block, but even more so of his brother, Marky Mark...now just known as movie superstar, Mark Wahlburg.


They even have a reality TV show about the burger place, which Jason humors me by watching with me.  So after our spa appointment we braved the 110 degree heat (it's a dry heat) and walked over to Wahlburgers (it's in front of Bally's). We were actually very impressed with the burgers, and I got to "meet" Mark! 



Friday afternoon I went back to the spa and Jason hit the craps table.  That night we went to eat at Jardin inside the Wynn.


 After dinner we went to see the Wynn show, Le Reve.  It reminded me a lot of O, since it is all done in and around water.  We also thought this might be a career opportunity for Kyle since there was tons of diving, flips, and tricks.



We braved the "dry" 110 degree heat again on Saturday and walked around the strip.
Here we are cooling off in Caesar's Palace, and I might have also be looking for Real Housewife of the OC, Vicky, who according to Instagram, was also there. 



Saturday night we ate at Andrea's in the Encore.  It's an Asian fusion restaurant, and super yummy. 


 Then we went to see The Beatles's Love show.  Jason and I had seen it before, but it's so good, I was happy to see it again.  I loved it as much the 2nd time as I did the 1st.

Obviously, I really need to work on my peace sign.

We had a great time and got to do all the things we love to do in Vegas! 

No comments: