Tuesday, October 15, 2019

I was Invited

As of September Jason and I have been together 20 years.  And in that 20 years he's never invited me to go hunting with him.  (I did go to Australia with him, but that's only because he wanted JR there and needed a babysitter, so I wasn't actually invited as much as "brought along" to be the nanny.)

This past spring Jason bought a deer hunt at a charity auction, and invited me to go with him.  And since I've never been invited before, I figured I better go.

Here am I documenting the drive to the ranch.


Apparently when you get there you have to make sure your gun works (or something like that).  Jason shot once and hit the bullseye, so he was good to go. (And I was pretty impressed.)

I thought we'd get in the deer stand, Jason would shoot something, and then we could come home early.  
After sitting in the deer stand Friday evening and seeing all kinds of deer that he didn't shoot at, I realized I was in it for the long haul.  

Not surprisingly he didn't shoot anything Saturday morning either.  I felt like JR when Denver was loosing in the Super Bowl to Seattle and he kept crying, "they're not even trying to win". 
 And since JR and I are basically the same person it was at this point I started whining to Jason. "You aren't even trying to shoot!"

I sat around Saturday afternoon and watched UT lose, A&M lose, and the Astros lose. 
I also made fun of Jason for sitting around on the couch with his bullets strapped around his waist.

That evening I sat in the deer stand (where you have to be quiet) and watched Jason not shoot anything again. 
 I did text him "hunting is boring" since I wasn't allowed to talk, which I guess was the highlight of the day.


Jason went out Sunday morning for the last hunt, and oh, surprise, surprise he shot something.
Funny how he was able to find something to shoot on the very last hunt.  I'm not in the picture because I decided to sleep in. 


It was very sweet of Jason to ask me to go with him, and it was fun spending time with him... 
But I told him he doesn't have to invite me anymore. 

No comments: