Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Whole Pack of Scouts in my Kitchen

As I mentioned yesterday, tonight is our scout Blue and Gold Banquet.

I'm in charge of the centerpieces.

(Actually, let's just be honest. I'm in charge of everything. 
Today will be a very busy and stressful day.)

After searching the Internet for ideas, I combined about five different things to come up with these.
I'm super proud of them since they double as a centerpiece and a place card.



Here's JR's

I wasn't able to make a trip to Farmington for a Hobby Lobby run, so I had to create these entirely from Walmart supplies!

Our Walmart isn't always well stocked, so after I cleaned them out of bud vases, I had to use the other small fishbowl looking vases.
I was able to decoupage the Cub Scout Promise to the bud vases, but it wouldn't work on the fishbowls.  So those have the promise on the sticks.
I didn't plan for it to be that way, but I actually think the differences will look nice in the room.

But most importantly, JR thinks they're great. (As in, he fell in the floor laughing saying "Such-and-Such looks ridiculous!"  I think that's the highest compliment a 7 year-old boy can give.)
So, I'm hoping the other kids (and parents) will like them too.

12 comments:

Holly Bennett said...

Super cute! Great job.

Anonymous said...

You have really worked on this
banquet. The Scouts will love the centerpieces. MR

Angie Vik said...

Those are great. Kudos for the work you obviously put into these cute decorations. Hope the evening went well.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the body to print or did you create yourself? Please let me know, they are adorable! Jcrsmom@Msn.com

deLeon Family said...

I LOVE these, where did you get the body to put the picture on? Would love to do this for our boys.

deLeon Family said...

Love this idea, where did you get the body to put the face on? Would love to do this for our pack.

Jan said...

I just googled "cub scout clip art". Picked the one I liked, printed it out, and replaced its head with the pictures of our kids. Super easy!

Doris P. said...

Can I PLEASE... (begging) you for the directions on the scouts and especially the faces.. i am getting ideas now for Blue and Gold.. never to early to start... parkernana4@aol.com thanks. and btw.. awesome creativity!

Anonymous said...

I love your Blue and Gold idea! Can you please email the directions at rodgersclan@comcast.net? THANK YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable. Did you colour the bodies with markers and just print regular pictures for the heads? Are they sealed with anything? Great keepsake! Jkaminaris1@verizon.net. Thanks!!!

Unknown said...

love this idea I am in charge of my ward blue and gold did you have a template for these cute scout center pieces

Emily said...

Those centerpieces are awesome! I would love it if you could email me some quick instructions on how you made them (emilybridges@hotmail.com). They are excellent keepsakes. I am in charge of our B&G this year and want to be sure that the centerpieces appeal to young boys and it would be great if it included something they could take with them (exactly like this)! Thanks so much!