Thursday, March 8, 2018

Reality Meets Reality

My friend, Allison, called me and asked if I wanted to sit at her table for a Children's Museum luncheon.
Then she said, "the speaker is some doctor, and she has a reality show and she's a little person..."

At which point I started screaming because Jason and I have been watching The Little Couple on TLC since it first aired.

In my head, Dr. Jen Arnold and I are friends. 

 I have sat on my couch and watched her get married, try to have a baby (I cried when their surrogate miscarried), adopt their children (I cried again) and go through chemo when she had cancer.

So to say I was excited to go hear her speak was an understatement.

I knew lots of the stories she told at the luncheon because I read her book (so did my mom). 

After the luncheon I saw that she didn't have anybody around her so I went right up and told her that her family had brought me so much joy. I love watching Will (her son), and that I loved her mom.

And then I asked for a picture! 

You can't even imagine how little she is.  I'm 5'2", and I look like a giant crouched down next to her. 
My mom said, "Look, your purse comes up to her waist."  
And I was looking at her shoes, I actually think they have a bit of a heel on them.


Now if I could only meet a Real Housewife all my reality dreams will have come true, 

No comments: