Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Ingys and Ike- Hurricane Home Video

Here are the videos from the storm. I tried to do my best Mariza Reyes impersonation that I could. (Jason and I love Mariza Reyes from Chanel 2. When we would be up with the twins at 5 A.M. they would always have her reporting from the absolute worst part of Houston. Every morning Jason and I would joke...wonder where their going to have poor Mariza this morning.) I was trying to stay calm while I talked, but you can hear in my voice that I'm scared. In this video you can't see anything because it was so black, dark outside. What you're hearing isn't rain, it's wind!

The next two videos are after the sun came up. At the end of the second one I had a "Jan moment" and started screaming when the rain started coming down sideways and soaked me. The crazy thing about the second video is that a huge oak tree in the backyard fell about 5 minutes after I quit filming...Can you imagine the squealing that would have come out of me if that had happened on camera?

2 comments:

Me Me Me said...

You are soooo much better than Mariza! Did you see her get hit by a huge wave on Friday in Kemah? HILARIOUS!!!

Jan said...

I did see that! She had to change clothes like 3 times. We couldn't believe it when she was in Kemah, we just knew they'd have her in the middle of the worst part of Galveston. We LOVE Mariza! Of course Jason likes her b/c he thinks she's hot.