Don't forget to set your clocks ahead tonight. Ugh! This is one of my least favorite nights, I hate the thought of "loosing" that hour of sleep. But Jason and I certainly know the importance of Daylight Savings Time and time zones. China doesn't have either one, so during the late spring and summer it gets light in Beijing at 4:00 A.M. When we'd have visitors during the summer we'd say, "Now be sure and close your curtains tonight because it gets light at 4:00 A.M." Of course nobody ever believed us (I guess that's what Jason and I get for being so dramatic). And it never failed that the next morning the first thing people said was, "You were right! It really does get light at 4 in the morning!" So, as much as I hate "loosing" that hour of sleep, it really is better than a 4 A.M. sunrise!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Snow and Sleep
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead tonight. Ugh! This is one of my least favorite nights, I hate the thought of "loosing" that hour of sleep. But Jason and I certainly know the importance of Daylight Savings Time and time zones. China doesn't have either one, so during the late spring and summer it gets light in Beijing at 4:00 A.M. When we'd have visitors during the summer we'd say, "Now be sure and close your curtains tonight because it gets light at 4:00 A.M." Of course nobody ever believed us (I guess that's what Jason and I get for being so dramatic). And it never failed that the next morning the first thing people said was, "You were right! It really does get light at 4 in the morning!" So, as much as I hate "loosing" that hour of sleep, it really is better than a 4 A.M. sunrise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We knew better! :p
Enjoy the snow! It's snowing here too, yellow snow. They call it pollen and it's KILLING ME!!!!
I am so jealous - JR get out and make a snowman for me.
Post a Comment