Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Junk Yard
My mom and I have one very serious thing in common. We love sweets and junk food. And when I say "love", I mean we really don't care about eating anything else...except Mexican food, of course. Jason likes to say that if my mom and I ever lived together and only had to worry about feeding ourselves we wouldn't have any "real" food in the house. I'm not sure what he means by "real food" since Oreo Cakesters, Nutty Bars, and those pink cake cookies with the sprinkles that you can buy in bakery departments are quite real. (Not to mention delicious.) My mom and I are completely opposite from Jason and his mom. Jason's one that would rather eat a hamburger than a candy bar, and once while ordering Blizzards at DQ JR said, "Granny Sherry wants a salad blizzard!" I freely admit my love of junk food. If there are pop tarts in the house, I just sit and think about them (until I go eat them). And as I was telling Jason the other night, I'm quite sure that just like my TV boyfriend, Adam Richmond from Man Vs Food, I could complete The Kitchen Sink Challenge (a 2-gallon sundae with 8 softball-sized scoops of ice cream). Okay, so maybe not. But I could put a good dent in it. And although I like to joke about things here in Durango, I'm very serious about one place: The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I believe it's the original RMCF, and although it's quite touristy and you can actually visit them in malls throughout Texas, I don't care. I love it. And I've recently become a fan of one particular item...the M&M covered marshmallow. I get one everytime I can, and it's now JR's favorite too. JR had some friends over yesterday and after lunch they were all too happy to accompany me to check in on my marshmallows. Here they are before I passed out the goodies. And just like after eating any "real" yummy food, I had to pass out the Wetwipes when they were finished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You've been keeping the RMCF a secret. Four trips to Durango already and not a peep. MR
So that is where all that energy comes from - The RMCF is the source. I knew you needed something a little special to keep up with that crew.
Love RMCF too! And, yes, it is the original store - my sister & I both worked there during college. I think I may still remember the recipe for a 24 lb. loaf of fudge... yum!
I love RMCF too! I haven't tried the M&M marshmellow though...will have to do that next time.
Post a Comment