Saturday, January 13, 2018

Special Guest

On the way home from Breckenridge, JR asked if Steven (his BFF from Durango that now lives close to Ft. Worth) could come and spend a few days with him over Christmas break. 

A couple of texts and a  phone call with his mama (my friend, Liz) later, Jason and JR found themselves picking up Steven from the airport on the 26th.

JR and Steven have always been kindred spirits and have been friends since they were 6 or 7, it's been so long I can't even remember. 


It was funny having Steven here and not seeing him for so long, because in the 2 or 3 years since I've seen him, he's turned in to his dad...looks, talks, and acts just like him. 

  The boys had lots of fun.  They went to the movies, out to eat, went to the Texas Bowl (the UT/Missouri game), and did whatever else 14 year old boys do.

This was the only picture I got of them (as soon as Steven walked in the house) and I'm glad I did since I didn't get any others.

JR is already planning when he can go up and visit Steven.  

No comments: