Monday, July 22, 2024

Water Salute

 Reed and I headed back from Colorado on Saturday and as the plane took off they let us know that it was our pilot's last flight as he was retiring after 37 years.  As we were preparing for landing they told us to look out our windows as they were going to do a water salute. 

I had my phone out and recorded the actual landing because I thought the water salute was going to happen as we were literally touching down.  Reed laughed at me and explained how dangerous that would be.  Then I thought we'd have it as we taxied over to the gate on the runway.  I even said, "Oh, how sad, he didn't get his water salute."   

Turns out they do it as you're pulling in to the gate.  

So here's what it looks like if you've never seen one before.  Clearly, I hadn't. 

No comments: