Thursday, May 16, 2024

Kenny #4

 I've now since Kenny Chesney 4 times, but only 2 of those times have been in Houston since it's like he tries to make his Houston stops when we aren't around! 

Last Thursday Kenny was in Houston, and JR just so happened to be taking his last final on Thursday. But thankfully Kenny was playing in Dallas on Saturday night.  So JR and I left Saturday about noon, bought tickets on the way, and had ourselves in our seats for Uncle Kraker who went on stage at 5:00. 

Megan Moroney opened for him and I found out she was a KD at Georgia.  JR noticed the girls in the audience holding up the KD hand sign, and then JR had to correct me and show me how to do it since I was doing it wrong (we didn't do that back in the olden days.) 


Zac Brown band also played (and they were great) and then we were ready for Kenny!


JR and I were like, didn't he wear a blue tank top the last time we saw him?  I went back and looked, and yes, he was wearing the exact same thing last year.  So either Kenny really loves that blue tank top, or he has a thousand of them.


As a Texans fan, JR was already upset about being in Cowboys stadium, but he handled himself better than you think he would have when Kenny brought out Dak and the offensive line.  
(I was really hoping for Troy Aikman)

JR and I got back to the hotel about midnight, and left Dallas at 6:00 to be at brunch by 11:00 on Mother's Day. 
It was a fast and furious trip, but we did it! 

No comments: