Saturday, May 18, 2024

Reed Goes to Chicago

Tornado update: 2 days without power.  Generator still up and running. 

Reed and his BPA group headed up to Chicago on Mother's Day weekend to compete at Nationals.  We were super proud that they qualified, and were getting to go! 

Fancy Pants upgraded to 1st class on both flights.  Here he is getting called up from the back, I guess this would be the opposite of a walk of shame. 

And then on the way home.

They didn't place, but they are one of the top 35 economic research teams in the country! 

And they got to do so many touristy things! 
(I use Ferris Buller's Day Off as a reference of things to do there.)





Two moms (and a grandma) went along with the group, so that's why I have so many pictures! 






I'm pretty sure this is the only picture Reed would have taken if the moms hadn't been there. This is what he was most excited to see. 


Reed is a man of few words but I was able to get that he "had fun" and he's "glad he went". 

No comments: