So I mentioned that we visited an abbey in Krems, but the abbey was for monks. (I just assumed all abbeys were for nuns.) The abbey is also a vineyard, which is how the monks have supported the abbey since 1083. I'm still not sure the difference between a monk and a priest, because these wine making monks look like priests and not what Disney movies led me to believe monks looked like. Speaking of Disney, I kept thinking I was waiting in line to ride the Alpine Sleigh Ride as the city of Krems is so charming it almost looks fake.
Then yesterday afternoon in Vienna we had our Lipizzan horse tour. This was what I was looking forward to the least. I'd never even heard of Lipizzan horses, but Jason was very excited to go. It actually turned out to be super interesting. I kept saying, "I've been in Austria for a week and nobody has even mentioned Arnold Schwarzenegger"…finally they brought him up on the Lipizzan tour! Arnold's hometown is where the horses are born and where they retire. I'm not sure who has better lives, the Kentucky Derby horses or the Lipizzans. But both are super charmed!
So here we are at the monks who make wine abbey, the town of Krems, with a Lippizzan horse, and on our carriage ride around the center of Vienna.
Then yesterday afternoon in Vienna we had our Lipizzan horse tour. This was what I was looking forward to the least. I'd never even heard of Lipizzan horses, but Jason was very excited to go. It actually turned out to be super interesting. I kept saying, "I've been in Austria for a week and nobody has even mentioned Arnold Schwarzenegger"…finally they brought him up on the Lipizzan tour! Arnold's hometown is where the horses are born and where they retire. I'm not sure who has better lives, the Kentucky Derby horses or the Lipizzans. But both are super charmed!
So here we are at the monks who make wine abbey, the town of Krems, with a Lippizzan horse, and on our carriage ride around the center of Vienna.
No comments:
Post a Comment