Sunday, January 26, 2020

Houston 1/2 Marathon

This time last week I was recovering from running the Houston half marathon without really training.

They make you get to the convention center way earlier than the 7:00 AM start time because they close all the surrounding roads.  Most people were stretching and running around to warm up.  I just made myself as comfy as possible. 


We took this exact picture last year too.

Since April and I didn't train, our plan was to run a mile walk a mile.  We actually wound up walking about a quarter of a mile and running the rest of it for each mile. 

Here we are happy the end was in site!

I honestly don't even remember us high fiving each other.  My back and calves hurt so bad after we crossed the finish line (from not properly training) I would have jumped in a wheel chair if someone had offered me one. 
We were only 20 minutes slower than we were last year when we had trained, so we were totally happy with that. 

That evening I went and had a massage which I think really helped.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to walk on Monday, but it wasn't that bad.  And by Tuesday I was fine. I'm not sure we'll do it again next year, but it's always a fun race. 

No comments: