Monday, August 24, 2020

This is Stupid. AKA: The First Day of School

 JR declared "this is stupid" first thing this morning and I wholeheartedly agree. 

JR's 1st day of school picture -he's a junior

At lunch time he left the house with a flourish saying, "I'm sooo done with this! I can't take it anymore!"  Mind you it's the middle of the 1st day of school and he's already "done".  

He returns carrying an El Pollo Loco bag and proclaims "The line at Whataburger was too long, so I had to get El Pollo Loco.  A disappointing lunch for a disappointing day.  Thanks, Lina Hildago."

(Lina Hildago is the county judge that refuses to let us go back to school in person even though the district said we could.)


Reed, who loves school, said he hated it.  He said "school was 10 times worse than I thought it was going to be." 

Reed's 7th grade back to school picture


One of our district rules is "no pets in zoom classrooms". 

I looked over and here's Kyle.


Kyle's 1st day photo- 7th grade


So yes, JR is right.  This is stupid. 

No comments: