Saturday, February 6, 2021

Me Update

 So if you've been in my life for awhile (longer than Jason) you might remember that way back in 1993 I had bunion surgery on both feet. It was life changing. 

LIFE CHANGING.  

But in the last year and half or so, I started to notice that the bunion on my left foot was growing back. (I didn't know bunions could grow back, but after perusing the internet, yep, they can, and usually do.) 

Now looking at my bunion you'd probably say, "I've seen way worse".  Yes, I can promise you've seen way worse, but I wanted to get it fixed since it was already causing me pain (anytime I wore any shoes) and bunions don't go away or get better. 


So yesterday I had surgery and got that pesky bunion taken care of.  They cut along my old scar line so that I now have 2 screws in my left foot (one from 1993 and a new 2021 model).  The doctor also made another incision on top of my foot to go in and straighten up my big toe that was starting to get shoved over by the bunion. 

And here's what I look like now.  

I'm getting around fine, no crutches.  And if I know me, I'll figure out a way to get my self back in the gym on Monday...even if I have to sit and be fit! 

No comments: