Tuesday, September 14, 2021

We Had a Hurricane

 I wasn't even aware we had rain in the forecast, and then all of a sudden we had a hurricane hit us.  They cancelled the Harry Style's concert last night (which, yes, I was supposed to go to) and school today. I sat up all night waiting for our electricity to go out since Hurricane Nicholas was much more of a wind event than a rain event. 

I finally fell asleep about 5:30 this morning after listening to 60 mile an hour wind gusts all night.  Thankfully we never lost our electricity, but JR's school still doesn't have it so Kyle and Reed are furious that they have to go to school tomorrow and JR doesn't.

It was only a category 1 hurricane, but it went directly over us.  Nobody in this house even seemed to notice...except Chloe and me. 

No comments: