Monday, October 16, 2023

Last 3

 Cross Country season ended last week, and Reed had 3 races since I last posted to wrap up the season.

He came in 7th place in a race he thought was awful. He said his whole body went lactic after the first mile.  I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good.   A bad day for him, still gets you a 7th place finish.  Here's the start of that race. 


Then I missed the next meet because it was on a Friday and I was at jury duty.  
Did I mention I had jury duty twice in one week?! One for the city and one for the county.  I didn't get picked for either (thank goodness) but city jury duty is dream compared to county. 

Anyway, I had to rely on Jason for information about this meet, and all I know is he placed 6th and I got this picture near the finish line.

This past week was district and we were hoping their team would win, which they did (they won their last 5 meets in a row).  Reed wanted to run under 18 minutes, so he was disappointed with his 18:18, but that was still his 2nd fastest race time of the year. And he finished 10th at district. 


No comments: