Thursday, March 28, 2024

Season Ending

 We finished up Reed's track season this week.

He tried what seems like a million different poles this season, and I'm not sure he ever found one he loved.

 Jason and I were laughing about how big this one was.


He was able to vault 10 feet this year.

He ran the mile at the district track meet and came in 5th with a time of 4:51. So while it's great he placed in top 6, it wasn't the time he wanted.  

Last year in this same race he ran a 5:32, so his improvement is definitely something to be proud of.

I don't know if he'll continue pole vaulting next year, or just focus on running, but it's been fun this season to watch him.

And to officially end the season he said the same exact thing to me last night as he did last year, "I'm ready for track season to be over and go back to cross country." 

No comments: