Sunday, January 27, 2013

Guess I Need to Invest in a Round Table

Sooo, JR tried out for another play on Thursday.
This time the play is King Arthur.
3rd play; 3rd play set in medieval England.
(He better change it up soon or he's going to find himself typecast!)
 
 
He decided he'd put down Merlin the wizard as his number 1 choice on his audition application.
He didn't really have his heart set on Merlin, there were some other parts he thought would be fun too, so he went to the audition pressure free.
(As apposed to the Robin Hood audition where I know we both would have been seriously crushed if he hadn't gotten Sheriff of Nottingham.)
 
 
Another reason he went into this audition with no expectations is because this play is for kids who have been in other productions. 
No new kids. 
 
 I was really shocked at the number of boys in the room when I dropped him off. 
 I called my mom and said, "there's a lot of boys, and they're big!"
 
 
Usually the cast list comes out the next morning, but by the time school was out, I still hadn't gotten it.

JR kept saying, "Could you just check? Could you just check again?"
 
 
Around 5:00 I checked yet again. 
 I saw his name toward the top of the list and thought, "Oh no, he's a townsperson."
(They list the cast in order of appearance, and I knew the 'townspeople' were toward the top".)
 
 
So I literally screamed "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!" when I saw that next to JR it said "King Arthur".
 
 
My first phone call was, of course, to my parents (who were equally as excited as I was).
And my second phone call was to JR, who was at his friend, Nolan's, house.
 
 
I called Nolan's mom (who just happens to be my friend, Denise, that made Reed's elf costume) and got JR on the phone.
 
 
 I said, "JR, the cast list came."
JR: Did I get Merlin?!
Me: No, Baby, you didn't get Merlin.
JR: Oh no! Am I a townsperson?! (Great minds think alike, don't they?)
Me: JR! You're Arthur!
JR: I'm Arthur?!
Me: You're Arthur! Are you excited?
JR: I'm VERY excited!


And Denise was nice enough to send me a picture of him right after he found out.
The message said, "I'm the whole play!"

JR's got a ton of work to do between now and March 14th. 
 The main part sure does have a lot of lines!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! MR