Monday, February 20, 2017

Mary Poppins

With all the excitement of the Super Bowl, and it being both baseball and basketball season, I totally forgot to write about going to see Mary Poppins. 

Memorial High School (where JR will go) was doing Mary Poppins and Granny Buffie took JR to see it.  I didn't think much about it, but when he got home he couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was and that we had to go.  

Kyle and Reed had never seen Mary Poppins and didn't want to go at all. But JR insisted that we would all love it (and JR is the toughest critic around, so I knew we would like it).

I was excited to go because our across the street neighbor, Peyton (who is a freshman), was playing Jane and I wanted to see her.

When we got there we ran in to some friends.  And this picture just cracks me up.

Yes, the tall one is in 3rd grade and one of Kyle's good friends.  Henry came to see his babysitter, who was in the chorus, and wore a suit for the occasion.  (I was just lucky mine didn't wear pajamas.)


I picked the best seats I could find for us, so none of us even sat together for the show.  I was a few seats down from Reed, but Kyle and JR were nowhere near us or each other.


JR was right, the show was fantastic.  The girl who played Mary Poppins is a senior this year, but when she was a sophomore she played Imogene Herdman with JR in Best Christmas Pageant Ever when he was in 5th grade.  She's the one in the overalls in the back.   She was a great Imogene then, and a perfect Mary Poppins. 


Our neighbor, Peyton, was thrilled to see JR.  She was in choir with him last year.  When she saw us she screamed "JR! I saw you in the audience on Thursday night! I'm so glad you came back!"  She was also amazing, and I was so proud of her. 

Kyle and Reed loved the show, and I've even heard them singing Supercalifragilistic a few times since then. 

No comments: