Saturday, January 21, 2023

1 Down, 1 to Go

 So we all know I have a hate-hate relationship with the DPS.  

 Every single time I've been in there they always come up with reasons they won't accept the documents they ask for to prove my residency. 


I made an appointment for Reed to get his permit on Thursday (I'm not letting Kyle start the driving process until he's finished with his pig and diving.)

Jason knows how they always refuse to accept my proof of residency so instead of the required 2, he sent me with 3. (He also knows it's easier to send me with 3 documents than to bail me out of jail.)

We get there on Thursday and because of the appointment system we were called back after only about 20 minutes of waiting. 

I handed her my voter ID card 

and then I handed her our bank statement.

She handed it back to me and said, "this doesn't work, this is from November." 


 Here is a picture of what I handed her.  Now, please tell me how this "is from November"?


I do not understand why they target me! 


But, instead of arguing with her that December is not actually the same month as November, I said, "Oh, it's ok, I brought 3 forms with me...just in case" and handed her another one.

She was not happy that she wasn't able to send me away.


And without a fight, tears, or police involvement... Reed walked away with his permit!


No comments: