Saturday, February 11, 2023

My Favorite Award

 Last night was the big show and Elvis lived up to his namesake, while Kyle lived up to his performance genes. 

Elvis came out prancing


And Kyle did a great job showing him


I think he was the 2nd pig penned, so we knew he was going to be in the top of his class.

I think we thought with them getting penned so fast he was going to place higher, but Kyle and Elvis put on such a great show that the judge said "he made him look better than he actually was."

So with comments like that, we will take a 5th place finish and run.

After everyone showed their pigs for their places, they had the showmanship show. 

I thought maybe Kyle and Elvis had a chance, but there were so many kids competing against him in the Rookie category (the kids that have never shown a pig before) there were at least 13. 







Just look how Elvis has his chin up while that other pig doesn't.  Kyle has worked every day with Elvis to teach him to do that. 


When they got down to 5-6 kids left, I started thinking Kyle might have a chance.  The judge started talking about each kid and when I saw he was going to talk about Kyle last I started videoing thinking he might win. 
This is the judge having Kyle show that he can take Elvis in any direction he wants, talking about Kyle, and then announcing he's the winner...and then my screams. 


I, of course, was thrilled as there's no award I want to win more than showmanship!
He won the most beautiful belt buckle!




No comments: