Thursday, September 19, 2019

So We had a Tropical Depression

I was completely unaware that we even had a disturbance in the gulf.
Usually we are inundated with news and worse case scenarios.


But it seems the TV let us know that Tropical Depression Imelda was going to hit us as it was coming ashore night before last.  

I wasn't too concerned, and didn't really think about it.


I was a little more concerned trying to drive home from Kyle's diving lessons yesterday evening (he got nervous and videoed us) but, this is Houston, and it rains all the time so I still didn't give it much of a thought after I got home and it had quit raining. 

Then this morning everything was normal. 

My friend that I jog with and I were happy that it was overcast so it wasn't so hot.  We got back to the Racquet Club around 10:00 and we sat outside talking and drinking coffee like we always do.  


Then about 10:30 this happened.  Look, it's so dark the lights came on! 


We tried to wait it out there, but they lost electricity so we made a run for our cars (the lighting was scaring me to death!)


I took this picture trying to get home.


I made it home, and then our street disappeared.

 The kids were calling and texting me to come get them (which the news just kept saying to stay put) and I told them to just stay at school where they were safe and wait it out.

The electricity went out at JR's school and I got this message.


I love that I get a "Fine". 

I'm know, I'm literally the meanest mom in the world for not letting my kid skip school during a major flood and go to a girl's house.  


The rain stopped about 3:00, and JR was able to drive home.  I was able to get out and get Kyle and Reed.  After more than 8.5 inches of rain, we are all home and staying put! 

No comments: