Monday, August 22, 2022

My 80's Favs

 Waaaay back in 2019 we bought (really good) tickets to see my favorite middle school bands, Poison, Def Leppard, and Motley Crue.

The shows were cancelled twice and when they announced that the new show would be in August of 2022, we gave up our tickets not knowing when JR's move in would be.

After we found out the move-in date wouldn't be a conflict, I kept hinting to Jason that I wanted to go.  I even went so far as to tell JR, "Tell your dad I'm really sad about you going to college and that you think it would cheer me up if he got me Motley Crue tickets."

While we were in New Orleans I got a text from a friend asking if I was going. I told her how sad I was I wasn't, and she just so happened to have an extra ticket because the girl she was going to go with wanted to go to see her son play in the 1st football scrimmage of the year.

I immediately jumped on the ticket, even though Reed had a cross country meet because the odds of me getting to see Reed in another cross country meet are way higher than all the members of these bands staying alive and/or being healthy enough to tour again! 


It was everything I wanted it to be, and here's my run-down.

The show started at 4:30 in the afternoon! 

Joan Jett opened and sounds exactly the same. At 63 she looks amazing. I mean, look at those arms!


Overall Poison sounded the best and looked the best.  Bret Michaels hasn't changed a bit!


The same can't be said for Motley Crue.  We couldn't help but giggle at Vince Neil.  I'm not sure he's even singing words, I think he's just making noises in tune. When he put on an Astros jersey we really had to laugh.  But, we loved every second of it. Apparently, Tommy Lee was the youngest person on stage the whole night at 58...he was banging on the drums like a crazy person.  He's still got it. 


Def Leppard looked pretty good, just older, but they sounded exactly the same!

It was a late night for all us old people, with the concert ending after 11:00! 

No comments: