Tuesday, January 9, 2024

The DPS Hates Me

 I dreamed all Sunday night that I wouldn't be able to get Kyle's driver's license, and guess what, I was right.

We got there and all checked in, and then they called over everybody that was there for a driving test.  She informed us that an 18-wheeler had hit the top of the carport where they do part of the test and so it would be unsafe to administer the test.  She offered to reschedule our test, but didn't know how long it would take to fix it, so she didn't know when they could actually reschedule the test for.

So needless to say, Kyle didn't get his driver's license yesterday.

I had Reed scheduled at a different place in the afternoon, so he was able to get his. But JR was in such a hurry for them to leave (they went to the National Championship last night) and it also looked like a tornado was about to touch down, that I didn't even get a good picture.

But here he is with his truck, which he drove to school today (well, sort of, we are renting one of his friend's driveways near the school since they can't park at school as sophomores.)


I was able to get Kyle in this morning to take his test at a 3rd party site, but I wasn't able to get him back in to the DPS for them to give him his license until Friday. (Which was the only appointment not 2 weeks out in the whole entire city, suburbs, and surrounding areas of Houston) So we'll be off to the DPS again on Friday. Bless my heart. 

No comments: