Friday, February 23, 2024

1st of 3

 Reed has actually had 3 more track meets since the last time I blogged, so I've got a lot of track to cover. 

After his first varsity meet, he then competed in the first JV meet of the season.  He started out the evening pole vaulting and had a height of 9'6" which got him 2nd place.  




He then rested up and was ready for the 1,500.  Which was probably the most fun race I've ever watched him run. 

Here they are at the start so you can see how many kids were racing.

As they came around for the 1st lap you can see he's got 3 kids in front of him.  I know all those kids and was thinking to myself, "oh, he's doing good, he'll probably place 2nd."


Here he comes again, in 2nd place, right where I thought he'd be...but then he passes to get in the lead


His next lap he comes around so far ahead of everyone else you can hear me laughing.  I couldn't believe how fast he was going. 



And here's his big finish.  The kid you see him passing still has another whole lap to go, and if you look on the football field, his cross country friends are going crazy. 


He beat his own best time, finishing with a 4:51.  You don't see a smile this big on Reed's face very often. 


I'll recap his last 2 track meets in the next post. 

No comments: