Saturday, February 3, 2024

Change of Plans

 So we came down to Galveston for Mardi Gras to be in the jeep parade.  But after checking the weather, we were worried it was going to rain on Saturday.  I checked on the umbrella parade that I knew was scheduled for Friday night, and it still had room for entries.  So I quick signed us up, and headed out to Walmart to buy umbrellas and supplies.  I started around 12:30 decorating umbrellas and got them done in just enough time to get dressed and head out.

The craft and party sections at Walmart were pretty lacking, but here are the umbrellas I was able to come up with.  I used plastic tablecloths, balloons, and fake flowers. 


I definitely beat Jason in the dress up portion of the night.


We made it to Mardi Gras




I took my mask off before we left, and then forgot it at home. So my umbrella was way more decorated than me!

Here we are right before the parade started.

And here we are on the parade route.

They pushed the jeep parade back by an hour, so we're hoping it will be dry and I'll get to decorate again (and actually wear my mask)! 

No comments: