Monday, February 12, 2024

Region

 It was a very busy week last week, especially for Kyle since he did all his things, so I'm just now getting caught up.

He dove in regionals and was trucking along just fine until all of a sudden he did one of the worst dives I've ever seen him do in competition.  We had no idea what was going on, or why he acted like he was so scared to do it.  With that dive he went from around 7th place to 15th.  When they took a break we found out that his coach put the dive on his list because he wanted him to do the dive.  Not only had he never competed it, he'd never even done it before.  To say I was upset is an understatement.

Kyle recovered (which is super hard to do) and climbed all the way back to finish in 10th.  Had he had a dive on his list that he'd done before, he would have finished on the podium in 6th or 7th.  


Here are some of his dives.  And I don't think Jason and I have any extra commentary in these. 




No comments: