Sunday, February 25, 2024

2 and 3 of 3

So finishing up Reed's last 2 of 3 meets...

Last Saturday we were at a Varsity meet.  It was so cold and windy! Reed even wore sweatpants to warm up and gloves during the race, so you know it was cold! 

He ran the 1,200 of the distance relay, and they got 6th place. 



By Thursday night the weather was warm, and the gloves were gone. He was running JV for this meet.
 He started out the meet running the 1,200 of the distance relay. 


They won 1st place, and here's his cute little team.

Then he went off to pole vault. 
 He cleared 10 feet which he's been trying to get, so it was very exciting!

He won 3rd place



With very little time to rest, he was off to run the mile. 

I thought I was being slick by going over to the other side of the track to video, but unfortunately for me I forgot how fast they all are, and I couldn't make it back to the finish in time.  All I could see is what looked like a 4-way tie.  His time was 4:54 which was 4th place.  He said if he hadn't had to pole vault until 7:00 he would have won. 

He's headed to compete at state with his BPA group this week, so we'll have a week off from track. 

No comments: