Sunday, May 26, 2013

The First Day (and Night and Second)

The last day of summer vacation I took the kids to Elitch Gardens,
 so I figured what better way to start the first day of summer vacation than to do the same thing.
 
 
That, and Reed came in my room before I had even opened my eyes to ask if we could go.
 
 
My crew inside the observation tower with Denver's most important/cultural/significant/revered landmark in the background...Mile High Stadium.
 
 
Still their favorite
 
 
I should have known something was seriously wrong with Reed when on our last ride of the day (the teacups) he laid his head down, said he was tired, and asked if we could go home.
 
That night he came in our room crying that his ear hurt.  Jason and I sat up with him and gave him meds, thinking we had cured him with Tylenol.
 
But yesterday (vacation day 2) when Reed told JR not to touch his ear, we decided that maybe a doctor should look at it.
 
Of course, it wasn't our awesome doctoring skills of giving him Tylenol that made his ear stop hurting, it was his eardrum bursting and reliving the pressure of an ear infection we didn't even know he had.
 
10 days of antibiotics, 1 week without swimming, and 2 more observant parents and he'll be as good as new.

No comments: