Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cops!

The kids' school had an online auction this year.
I bid on a few things, one being a ride to school for a student and a friend in a police car.
 
And, I won.
 
(Jason doesn't like that I use the word "won". He says, "you didn't win anything. You bought it.")
 
 
Friday was the big ride to school. (Since we live less than half a mile from school, I guess 'big' isn't the right word either.)
 
 
I bought it for JR and his friend, but these two were all up in it.


The flashing lights certainly attracted our neighbors' curiosity!


Kyle and Reed loved talking over the police intercom. 
They alerted the neighborhood, "Get up! Time to go to school!" 
One of the neighborhood kids in JR's class told him he heard them.


They pulled up waving, calling out friends' names over the intercom, and saying "School has been cancelled for today!"


Pretty cool way to get to dropped off at school.


And, of course, I've already had to promise Kyle and Reed I'll buy it for them next year. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute idea for a fund raiser. Looks like they really had fun. MR