Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Important Week

As a former teacher, and the daughter, niece, and cousin of teachers, teacher appreciation week is super important.  Believe me, there's way more un-thank yous than thank yous from parents. 
 
 
I really love all the kids' teachers this year, so I'm more than happy to participate and make sure I have a little something special for them each day.
 
 
The school wanted the kids to write notes to their teachers, and being that Kyle and Reed are a little too young for that, they drew pictures of their teachers.
(Which totally crack me up.)
 
 
Now, before I show you these, let me promise you I gave them the exact same instructions.
I sat in between them and drew on my own paper step by step.
("Draw an eye. Now draw another eye." Etc.)
 
 
It's not my fault if Kyle rushed ahead/took his own artistic liberties resulting in some teachers looking more like zombies than humans. I promise, they don't in real life.
 
 
(And yes, I wrote the teachers' names on Kyle's papers.  There's only so much "art class" he can take.)
 
 
Mrs. Sue
 
 
 
Mrs. Jan  (Not me.)

 
 
Mrs. Sally

 
 
And, don't worry, if you haven't thanked a teacher yet, you've still got plenty of time.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE children's art. There's nothing like it to brighten any day. Thank you,God, for good teachers like JR, Kyle, and Reed have. MR