Monday, September 16, 2013

Sweet Belle

My mom just gave me the sad news that their dog, Belle, died.
She was 15 and had a wonderful farm dog life.
 
 
 
My dad found her on the porch of the barn this morning, (she usually sleeps on the floor by their bed, but she wouldn't come inside last night) it looked like she just went to sleep and didn't wake up. 
 
 
 
My dad always says it's as hard to loose a pet as it is a person, and he's so right.
 Pets are such a sweet part of the family!
 
 
 
These are the last pictures I have of her that we took this summer.
She was the best dog.


 
 
  Here are some of my favorites.
(It's funny to see Belle with her summer hair cut and Reed with no hair!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And, of course, my all time favorite picture. Ever.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE really enjoyed the pictures. MR

Angie Vik said...

Sorry about your Mom's dog. It's hard when the pets we love don't live as long as we'd like them to. We had to put one of our dogs down last summer. The pictures are all really cute. My favorite is the first.