Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Another Winner

I made it to Reed's basketball tournament just in time to see his first game.  
Since Reed is a defensive player, he was definitely on fire with 6 points.  

This is how sweaty you look after a 4 point win.

In his 2nd game he played great again and they won by 13 points.


When Jason texted me during their last game asking me how it was going I replied back with, 
"Reed just took a kid down and made him cry".


Reed really never does anything maliciously, but this particular incident looked pretty bad. The coach sat him after it happened and I thought Reed had gotten kicked out of the game.  He hadn't; and the coach only sat him because it was his 3rd foul. 


 Reed even apologized to the kid after he got up off the floor. (Which was after they had stopped the game and clapped for the kid as he hobbled off crying.)


Reed got back in the game and finished with only 4 fouls.  On foul number 4 the ref actually looked at me shook his head and laughed.  So I guess even the refs like watching Reed play.  
(I also think it's funny he knew he was mine, clearly I'm an "awesome" fan.)

They won that 3rd and final game which made them the tournament champions.

They were super excited.


No comments: