Monday, January 21, 2019

Run Houston

Well, we did it.

We ran the Houston half marathon incident free.  

We found our friend, Julie, who is our Insanity instructor and was running the full marathon.

I decided to not wear all my clothes and take an old comforter to wrap up in at the starting line.  
(Best idea ever!)

They were donating all the discarded blankets and coats and I can't even tell you how many thousands and thousands of  discarded "warm things" were lining the sidewalks.

There were 28,000 people running so we didn't cross the starting line until about 7:50.  The guy who won the half marathon crossed the finish line 10 minutes after we started! 

I didn't have any pockets so I had my phone in my running belt and didn't take any pictures. So this is it for photos. 

We finished, got our medals and t-shirts and went to the racquet club for a celebratory brunch.

We had our families and a bunch of friends meet us to celebrate so it was a fun day all around! 

No comments: