Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Color Run

When we started planning 5th grade graduation one of the first things I thought we'd get rid of was the "color run".  They had started it last year, so I figured it wasn't a big enough tradition for the kids to care about.

It's always so blazing hot and miserable to be outside at the end of May, I thought the kids wouldn't even notice if we got rid of it.

Turns out it was the thing my own kids wanted to most (of course it was). 

They started out Thursday morning doing a drone picture with the 3rd-5th graders. 

Then we all showed up in the afternoon to do the color run.  I put another mom in charge of the run and she definitely "ran" with it.  There was even a professional DJ. 


The kids started off "clean".

But that didn't last long


Each grade was a different color.  I think 3rd grade was green and they definitely were heavy handed.








I did my best to stay out of the color.  

And as you can imagine, most of the 5th graders had a slight green tint to them at graduation the next day! 

No comments: