Thursday, May 23, 2019

My Last Talent Show

As I have been telling everybody my "reign of tyranny" over the talent show for the last 4 years has come to an end. 


I'm proud of how far the talent show has come, and I'm happy to leave it behind. 


When I took it over it was for 3rd-5th graders and there were about 20 "playground" acts.  (Playground acts are routines made up on the playground during recess.) 


Tuesday we had 34 kindergarten-2nd grade acts and 37 3rd-5th grade acts, all which try their hardest to outdo each other. 

We had 3 dogs, a dancing robot, 2 groups glow in the dark, a hoverboard, basketball trick shots, more flips than you can count, plus 45 5th graders in a 3 1/2 minute grand finale that I've been working on during their recess since spring break (and I still need a video of it).


Kyle was one of the stage managers and Reed was one of the hosts.  I don't have many pictures because I was running around like a crazy person (like I always do) but it was a great way to go out on top!  My parents and Jason both came to support us all in our last show. 


Reed hosting



I still don't even have a picture of Reed's act.  He was in a group with another boy and 2 girls all dressed up in 80's gear.  They sang "Livin' on a Prayer"


Kyle and Sean dressed up like babies and did a routine to "Baby One More Time"

Some of my 5th grade finale boys.  They all had coordinating t-shirts.


Reed's ending pose in the finale


A picture to document the official end of the Ingersoll talent show years. 

No comments: