After 3 days in Linz, the Austrian government finally let us leave port to sail down the Danube River at 3:00 in the morning. When Jason and I woke up we were excited to see some new scenery, we pulled back our curtains and were greeted with this.
We were in a lock! I've seen boats in locks on TV, but I had to google exactly what they are for. A lock raises or lowers water levels so a boat can go up or down a significant slope. We didn't even feel the boat going up or down!
And this is how tight the lock is. I'm not even standing on our balcony, I just leaned out the door from inside our room.
We watched the concrete wall go by for a while, and then all of a sudden we were out of the lock.
No comments:
Post a Comment