Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Birthday #3

 Well, I had a parade.  

And it was awesome.

I knew I was going to have a 2nd line parade, but I thought we'd have a guy with a drum (maybe a horn) and then we'd walk around the block.  I had no idea Jason had lined up ALL the things (a full band, stilt walkers, dancers, costume characters) and then we would get to parade all over the French Quarter including down Canal Street!  Jason also hired a professional photographer, but I don't have those pictures yet.  These are just from friends. 

I made my own umbrella (of course). 


And they had mardi gras beads made with me on them!  (and yes, I wish I looked like that in real life)



And here are some parade pictures.  I don't even have words.







Here are the police stopping traffic on Canal St. (I had no idea this was even possible!)


The whole group, plus some people that joined in on the parade along the way.

We ended the parade at Galatoire's where we had dinner

Here I am telling everyone how much I appreciate them coming. I think I also thanked them for "putting up with me". 

Then I had 2 friends dress up as me and we played JANGO! (Bingo, but with Jan questions.)

 Jason and I reacting to JANGO


I'll have more pictures of the parade when I get the professional ones back, but for now, this is the last picture taken of the weekend.  This was the group that was left standing at the end of Saturday night (besides the "young people" led by JR who came in at 4:30.)

No comments: