Friday, October 11, 2024

XC District

 I'm going to start by saying that if you had told me what Reed was going to do in cross country this year I wouldn't have believed you.  Before the school year started Jason and I were talking about how we hoped he would just finish in the middle of the pack since he was running varsity.  Not only was he not a middle of the packer, but he medaled at every meet but one. And this week he finished 9th at district, running a hilly (by Houston standards) 5K course in 17:12.

I'm too embarrassed to show you any of his running videos since I'm screaming like a crazy person in every one of them.  But here he is after the big race.


Here he is getting his medal.

And with the top 10 boys which means they all qualified to go to regionals!

3 on his team finished in the top 10

The team finished 2nd, only 4 points away from winning district. Ugh, so close! 

They run regionals in Huntsville which means MawMaw and PawPaw will be able to easily come see him! 

No comments: