Wednesday, May 7, 2025

Derby Day

 I've been wanting to go back to the Kentucky Derby ever since we went.  So this year I found a derby party at the race track that I thought might get Jason out of having to take me back to the real one.  

Spoiler alert: it didn't.  

We did have lots of fun, but it was definitely not the real derby. 

Although we did have way better weather than the real derby.  It was windy (which was hard on my hat), but the perfect temperature!

Speaking of my hat, I went super lowkey.  I bought the blue part and then added white feathers and butterflies.  

So we looked like this. 



Reed told us to bet on Citizen Bull and I picked Journalism....and we all know how that turned out. 


Before we almost won the big race.



And here we are standing on the race track, which would be a huge deal at Churchill Downs, but pretty easy to do at the SHRP. 


No comments: