Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sitting On a Wall: Check

Tonight was Alice in Wonderland.
This was a one week production, one week as in: audition on Monday and put on the show Saturday.
 
 
I'll be real honest with you, JR wanted to be the Mad Hatter (Um, who doesn't? It's the best part!)
We rehearsed the Mad Hatter (and the March Hare...just in case, ya know, for back up).
 
 
So when the cast list came in on Tuesday morning, I was a little confused when I didn't see JR's name by the Mad Hatter (or the March Hare, or the White Rabbit).
 
 
It took me a minuted to process, and find his name under...Humpty Dumpty.
 
 
Now, thankfully JR is exactly like me when it comes to the dramatics.  And I knew how he was going to react to not being the Mad Hatter.
 
 
But being that he's exactly like me, I know exactly what I want to hear in times of crisis.
(And yes, this would be considered a time of crisis.)
 
 
So after a pep talk about how Humpty Dumpty is now the end-all-be-all of Alice in Wonderland characters EVER
(and ignoring the fact that I didn't even know Humpty Dumpty was in Alice in Wonderland)
I got him on board with it.
 
 
I mean, that is a pretty great costume, right?



And he did get a whole scene for just Alice and himself
("3 pages of the script" as he likes to put it...not that he's counting).
 
 
 
And it really did let him bring something to the character.
 
 
And here's his whole Humpty Dumpty scene for the grandparents.
I can't get YouTube to post, so for now, just click here:
 
(It's 4 minutes, so if you want the gist, just watch the first 30 seconds.)
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

LOVED IT!!!! My favorite little actor!
Alice's mom didn't buy her a blond wig like I did when you played Alice...MR

Angie Vik said...

Very cute. Especially love the last picture and the look on your son's face. You must have a great camera to get such close ups.